The state of mind that exists when you sit in the right posture is, itself, enlightenment.” Suzuki Roshi, Zen Master
20 years ago 20% of corporate employees in the United States worked with computers. Today 100% of employees do. In addition to working on laptops and desktops, there are smart phones, tablets, continual texting, swiping and video games. It is no wonder that Repetitive Strain Injuries, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and other consequences of computer based employment and communication is on the rise as per the costs to Corporate America and employees as out of pocket insurance costs continue to increase.
To assist corporations and individuals address their ergonomic health, The Health Enhancement Company has developed ergonomic programs to help mitigate injury and reduce overall medical costs.
HEC’s Ergonomic programs take a basic, systematic approach and offer businesses a common-sense strategy for eliminating unnecessary musculoskeletal disorders from the workplace.
- Workers are the main cost for modern businesses, and businesses need to attract and retain the best talent. You don’t want to hire then inadvertently injure workers – that benefits no-one. Ergonomics prevents this.
- Musculoskeletal disorders are entirely preventable and quite unnecessary injuries that cost the US economy billions of dollars and inflict misery and suffering on affected workers.
- When ergonomics is an integral part of basic job and workplace design NOT an afterthought, it’s no more expensive to choose a good ergonomic design for a workplace than to choose a bad design – the difference isn’t economics it’s education!
- Good ergonomics programs focus on ways to reduce costs to companies by: reducing injuries, reducing absenteeism, reducing errors and maximizing productivity
- Good ergonomics programs are ALWAYS cost-effective – they save more than they cost. Many studies have shown this.
– Contact us to Request Services